6/02/2009

A marble heart



This marble heart is a souvenir of last year's trip to Italy.
We were enjoying a lovely car ride in the mountains around Carrara, my girlfriend and I, stopping here and there to enjoy the view, to take pictures, and to immerse ourselves in the freedom of well-deserved vacations.
It was during one of those halts that looking down, I noticed that the ground was mostly pieces of marble, of the whitest kind! It shouldn't have been a surprise since the whole mountain was made of marble, but still, the ground was white with marble!
So, I collected a few pieces (too few actually!), and, a few months later, choosing the whitest piece, I made this heart, as a reminder of this particularly fine day.



1 comment:

Victoria Williams said...

What a beautiful memento of your trip.