7/09/2009

A brand new camera



My older EOS Rebel digital camera needed a good sensor cleanup, so I went to the local camera shop to get it done. Actually, I didn't know what caused these blurry spots on some but not all of my pictures. It appears that it's dust sitting on the light sensors. I suppose that this mostly happens with SLR cameras since dust can enter the camera body during changes of lenses.

Anyway, I also enquired about prices for macro lenses. As these were way too high for my budget, I then asked the salesman if a non-SLR could be a good alternative, mostly in regards to macro.

He then showed me what the latest Canon bridge camera could do...and I was flabbergasted!
The results were really terrific! The only thing that made me not buy it was that it runs on AA batteries, and I loathe AA batteries!

So he showed me the Nikon P90 bridge camera, which gave similar amazing results but featured an affordable lithium ion battery pack.

I took it home for a little more than half the price of a good macro lens, and I'm in love with it.

This photo of Queen Ann's lace is an example of what this little marvel can do:

No comments: